Friday, March 30, 2012

Juicy!

Howdy strangers! Shame, shame, shame on me. It's been a long time, I know. And what's even more shameful: I've fallen off the healthy-eating wagon. So, this is to let you all know that for the next 5 days (starting tomorrow) I'm going to be embarking on a juice fast.

This is something I'm really excited about though! I LOVE to juice! And guess what, so does Little Buddy! In fact, the last time I juiced I made a big jar of carrot-apple-ginger-lemonade, and didn't get to drink a drop because Little Buddy and Husband decided they were going to guzzle it. (Oh well, that's one way to get veggies into those silly boys.)

I already have some recipes I want to make, and am interested in suggestions if anyone has them.

Here are a few I want to try:

The Mean Green
6 Kale Leaves
1 Cucumber
2 Green Apples
4 Celery
1/2 Lemon
1 Ginger Root (thumb size)

The Tangy Cabbage
2 Pears
2 Apples
2 Wedges Cabbage
2 Carrots
1 Lemon
1 Lime

The Bruchetta
2 Roma Tomatoes
1-2 Cloves Garlic
20 leaves Basil

The Beet Rejuvenator (I love beets, so why not beet juice?)
3-4 Carrots
1 Cucumber
1/2 Lemon
1 Ginger Root (1 inch piece)
1/2 Beet Root(including stem and 1-2 leaves)


The Sunset Blend
1 large Sweet Potato
1 medium Carrot
1 Red Bell Pepper
2 Red Beets
2 Golden Delicious Apples
1 Orange, optional

Minty Fresh Berry
2 cups blueberries
2 kiwi
16 strawberries
2 cups mint leaves (packed)

Apparently you're supposed to have about 64oz. of juice a day, so I'm really happy our state refund check came and we get to get "prizes" as Husband called them (ain't he just adorable) at Whole Foods.

Follow my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment