Sunday, May 27, 2012

Brigadeiros and My First Succesful Omelet

So it's been a while guys. I have a new recipe to share with you!

Recently, on a show called Unique Sweets, I saw something that I knew I needed to try. In Brazil, there's this amazing confectionery treat called a brigadeiro. I can tell you right now, it's one of my favorite candies now. It's kind of perfect and amazing and rich and delicious. It's like a mix between a caramel and a chocolate and a truffle and sex and heaven. Seriously. These things are amazing.

You're probably asking what exactly makes these things so amazing, and how does one make them?

Reason number one why they're so amazing:
There are 3 ingredients. That's it. That's all.

Here they are:
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbs. butter
3 Tbs. cocoa powder

Reason number two why they're so amazing:
The cooking process.

Step one: mix ingredients together in a medium size saucepan.
Step two: stir until thick.
Step three: Cool.

Done. 

Now, you can do one of two things now.

Option one: scoop the chocolatey deliciousness into a jar and use it for whatever you want. (ie: spreading on waffles, plopping on a croissant, eating it directly out of the jar during a painful period...)

Option two: roll into small balls and cover in toppings of your choice. This is what I did. I chose dark chocolate chunks that I cut up into teeny-tiny pieces, rainbow sprinkles, and cinnamon sugar. The chocolate chip covered ones were by far the favorite. My husband was disappointed by the cinnamon sugar coated balls, and Little-Bear loved the sprinkle-coated ones. I'm a fan of them all though.

 Brigadeiro rolled in Sprinkles.

So there you have it, brigadeiros!

 Little-Bear nomin' on a sprinkle-coated brigadeiro.

In other news, I was able--after 22 years and nearly as many attempts--to make a successful omelet. It was nothing fancy, just some pasture raised eggs, serrano ham, parmesan, and parsley. But to me, it was the best thing I'd ever made with eggs because it was the very first omelet I've ever made successfully. I swear, every other time I've attempted one, it's always turned into a scramble. This one stayed together, looked and tasted delicious, and was the perfect dinner for one.

 My first omelet!

That's all I have time for today, so until next time, enjoy life and your loved ones with just a spoonful of sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment